Six HBA Legal lawyers have been named in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers.
HBA is Crawford’s fully owned Australian law firm, enabling Crawford Australia to offer a complete end-to-end claims solution from ‘first notification of loss’ through to litigation where necessary.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. The Best Lawyers in Australia list is now in its 15th year.
Lawyers who are nominated for consideration are then voted on by those previously included on the Best Lawyers list. They are asked: “If you could not handle a case yourself, how likely are you to recommend this lawyer?” They then grade the nominees from one to five, with a five reserved for those to whom a voter would “definitely refer” a case.
The peer review methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Our HBA lawyers to be recognised are:
- Ruth Slater (Partner) has been acknowledged for both Insurance Law and Litigation.
- Dr Andrew Lu AM (Partner) has been named one of the best when it comes to Health and Aged Care Law.
- Damian Hegarty (Partner) is considered one of the best Occupational Health & Safety lawyers in the country.
- Kim Waygood (Special Counsel) has been acknowledged for her expertise in the category of Insurance Law.
- Robert Parcell (Special Counsel) has his name up in lights for Personal Injury Litigation.
- Courtney Burrows (Senior Associate) has debuted on the inaugural Best Lawyers ‘Ones to Watch’ list.
Those included on the ‘Ones to Watch’ list are solicitors who are earlier in their careers. They are recognised for outstanding professional excellence in private practice.
Andrew, Ruth, Damian and Rob feature on the list for the third consecutive year.
Read more about legal services at www.crawcolegal.com