Leveraging technology and expertise to detect and prevent fraudulent claims activity
Crawford provides a flexible and complete end-to-end solution that increases the potential to identify, investigate, repudiate and penalize fraudulent claims. Bringing together historical data with new claims, third-party and industry data, social media intelligence, open-source data sets, and more, Crawford's systems and teams continually evaluate live claims against patterns indicative of fraud. With an industry-wide reputation for excellence, we are also positioned to provide data analytics, intelligence, training, specialist claims investigation, forensic accounting and legal support to your own in-house claims handlers.
Our end-to-end service is focused on achieving the right outcomes from the outset of each instruction. Tailored for each event, our counter fraud service concentrates on:
- Prevention – we are constantly evolving tactics to deter and focus on stopping fraudsters from getting policies in the first place and making our insurer clients and partners unattractive to fraudsters. Delivering you with "Know Your Opponent" knowledge to inform risk even before claims materialize.
- Detection - at FNOL and throughout the claim lifecycle. We evaluate all claims at the first notification and throughout the entire claim. Our investment in technology and process will only ever augment our people. Experience and people expertise remain central to our counter-fraud capability.
- Management - effective investigation and claims handling. When fraud is suspected, our investigation capability delivers you the savings. Our field and desktop investigators are informed by intelligence and data insights and supported by loss adjusters and legal expertise.
- Legal - sanctions & recoveries. Our very own law firm embedded within the Crawford business, Crawford Legal Services, can be involved at every stage of the counter-fraud process: prevention, identification, investigation, and management.
- Effective management of fraudulent claims to control indemnity spend.
- Sharing and development of best practices
- Bulk data washing against cross-class claims datasets
- Performing flexible claims investigations and/or total claims outsourcing
- Controlling costs and reducing claims spend
- Improving brand image
Why choose Crawford?
- Increased accuracy, greater detection.
- Less leakage from your bottom line.
- Maximizes savings, allowing genuine claims to be paid rapidly with confidence.
- Dedicated incident managers, investigators and specialist advisors.
- Access to Crawford Legal Services expertise.
- Unwavering focus on client care and brand protection.
- Unique ability to cover all claims types and all stages of claims lifecycle.