Fire / Property
Adjuster Roundup and Training Event
2550 Bending Branch Way, Allen, TX 75013, USA
Aug 2 - 7, 2021
8 AM - 5 PM CST each day
The Adjuster Roundup and Training Event is designed for new and experienced adjusters looking to join the Crawford CAT family as well as strengthen their knowledge and skills. Students in this course will not only be taught how to be fantastic claims adjusters, but also become certified to work property claims for THREE of the largest carriers in the US. Students will learn how to read and interpret an insurance policy, customer experience tips, file documentation, how to write professional estimates using Xactimate’s best practices and learn more about other opportunities within the industry such as Desk/Virtual, Flood, Commercial and ManCAT adjusting. This event is designed to fit your needs and meet your learning objectives by giving you the choice to select which training sessions you participate in. This is the best training to prepare for 2021 hurricane season deployments!
Register BY July 16, 2021 to attend this event for only $349 (originally $399)! The registration fee covers six days of instruction and includes daily lunch on-site. We will also have discounted hotel rates for attendees at nearby hotels.
*Attendees are eligible to receive $350 back if they deploy with Crawford (for at least 14 days) within 120 days of the event.
Course Requirements for Classroom Setting
Students of this course are encouraged to meet the following criteria before attending the class:
- Personal laptop with external mouse and Xactimate is required (Xactimate should be installed, we will have team members to assist downloading) *Cannot be a Mac device
- We recommended the 30-day free demo version of the X1 Xactimate:
- Basic computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Windows
- Knowledge of the adjuster profession and basic understanding of damage identification and building components
- To attend this training, you must either be on Crawford's CAT roster or be in the process of joining the roster by the start date.
What to Expect
This event will consist of a variety of training opportunities that are ideal for new and experienced adjusters. Training will be instructed by Crawford's training team and leadership team. Instruction will be offered through large and small groups safely distanced. This is a 6-day class starting on a Monday and ending on a Saturday. The class begins promptly at 8:00 am (CST) and will end at 5:00 pm (CST) each day of the training. For the first two days, all students will gather and learn together. For the remaining four days, there will be half-day or one-day trainings offered that students will choose which training sessions they want to attend.
The following training topics will be offered throughout the event:
- Introduction to Virtual/Desk Adjusting
- Field Inspection and Adjusting
- Beginner Xactimate
- Intermediate/Advanced Xactimate **
- Mock Wind Lab (Roof Repair, Interior Repair, Sketching, Scoping and Estimating)
- Mock Hail Lab (Sketching, Scoping and Estimating)
- Introduction to Commercial Large Loss Adjusting **
- Introduction to ManCAT Adjusting **
- Introduction to Flood Adjusting
- Carrier-Specific Fire Certification
- Carrier-Specific Certification
- Carrier-Specific Claims Process **
** - Intermediate/Advanced course
If you would like to know the carriers for the carrier-specific trainings, please email CAT_Department@us.crawco.com.
Students of this course will be taught:
- How to read and interpret an insurance policy
- Contacting the customer and customer care tips
- Scoping and Proper file documentation
- Writing scenario-based estimates using the Xactimate program (Wind/Hail damaged roofs, tree on fence estimating, elevation repairs, and interior water damage)
- Xactimate estimate setup (Adding coverages, deductible, price list selection, depreciation, and overhead & profit)
- Sketching roofs and interior floor plans in Xactimate (will include tools needed for complex roofs and interior sketches)
- Line item entry (Use of macros and templates)
- Xactimate Claim wrap up and reporting
- Settling the claim with the insured
- Practices of THREE large carriers
"As someone who has sat through rushed and underprepared classes for a few other adjusting firms, I thought Crawford's course was excellent. From the setup to the schedule to the wealth of knowledge from the happy-to-help staff — it was definitely well worth my time." - Jelani J., Adjuster and Event Attendee